Thursday, July 28, 2011
Edith July 28, 2011
Yesterday we went to the Oregon coast. We visited to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, Devil's Punchbowl and Hatfield Science Center. The aquarium was breath taking...literally. The shark tube made me feel like I was under water in a little bubble that could pop at any second, so I found myself holding my breath at times. I learned that I know a lot about marine life and enjoy it. The Hatfield Science Center was a great experience as well because we were able to do two labs. In these labs we observed the way crabs walk and what kind of things show up at low tides. Devil's Punchbowl was amazing as well, the view was beautiful. The water on the other hand was very cold, but even then we couldn't resist and went in. There was a cave near by, so of course we had to explore it. It was a struggle to get through the tide pools safely, but with help we made it. I feel that when I first arrived here at the institute I came as one person and am leaving as a completely different one for the better. I had so many questions when I first got here and now I leave with answers and tools that I can put to play in my daily life. I am so thankful that the leaders put work into this, because without them nothing could have been done.
No comments:
Post a Comment