Sunday, July 24, 2011

Edith Sunday July 24, 2011

       I am here to attend the 2011 Leadership Institute that takes place at Oregon State University. I learned about the institute through a program that I am attending. I hope to gain more knowledge on how to become a better leader, which consists of listening and learning to guide. As a Latino student I would like to leave a positive impact on my community. This way I hope that others will use my leadership as an example and act positively upon it. A motto that reflects who I am is, "you gotta do what you gotta do", because one has to do things that aren't fun but can make life easier later. For instance, taking challenging courses in school in order to get good scholarships for college; then to obtain a great job in the field that one wants to be working in.

1 comment:

omli student said...

Edith I really like your motto because sometimes in life we do have to do things that we do not want to do. For example like taking a risk and attending college. We do not want to leave home but sometimes we have to do this for a better future for ourselves, and our family. I believe that when you leave this institute you will impact many people's lives. You will be able to share your experience at the OMLI, and encourage other students to attend the institute.

Erica

Post a Comment